3. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT The Company collects two (2) types of information by and through the Integral Communities Website: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. A. Personal Information. Personal Information is information that tells us specifics about you. The types of Personal Information that we may collect include, without limitation: your name and contact information (such as your postal address, zip code, phone number or e-mail address); your gender; the number and/or ages of members of your household; information about the type of properties you are interested in and other general information relating to product preferences; if (and when) you are planning to move from your current domicile; personal interests; household income; and areas of interest on the Integral Communities Website. We will not collect any Personal Information about you through the Integral Communities Website unless you provide it to us voluntarily. However, please be aware that the Company may track and record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address from your computer or other device. [If we do track/record you’re the IP address assigned to your computer/device, we will not link the IP address to any Personal Information.] Moreover, please be advised that the Company may also acquire Personal Information about you from publicly available sources, social media platforms (e.g., Facebook) and other third parties that may share information as permitted in their privacy policies. Also note that the Company may combine Personal Information about you with information available from other sources (e.g., social media platforms, analytics services [see Section 5.B, below], offline records or publicly available information). If the combined information is maintained, used or shared by the Company in a manner that associates it with your name or contact information, we will treat such information as Personal Information. B. Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information refers to data and information that does not personally identify you as the individual to whom the data or information relates. Non-Personal Information may include, without limitation:
• The IP address assigned to your computer (or other device);
• Your media access control (MAC) address;
• Information derived through Collection Technology (see Section 5.A, below);
• The type of computer (or other device) you use, and the operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS);
• The type of Internet browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari);
• The domain name of your Internet Service Provider;
• Your activities while visiting or using the Integral Communities Website (including the content you access or view, the time of your visit to or use of the Integral Communities Website, and the pages you visit and the time spent on such pages);
• Your general geographic location (such as the city from which your computer or device is connecting to the Internet); and
• Information regarding your Internet location when you see the Company’s ads and whether you click on such ads. The Company automatically receives and records Non-Personal Information on our server logs from your browser, as well as through other analytics in relation to the Integral Communities Website. We may also obtain Non-Personal Information about you either directly or through inference from social media platforms, third parties and other lawful sources.
4. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION The information we collect will vary depending upon how you use the Integral Communities Website. Similarly, our use and disclosure of the collected information will vary depending on the type of information we receive – i.e., Personal Information vs. Non-Personal Information. A. Personal Information. The Company may use your Personal Information to:
• Carry out the purposes for which you provided the information to us (e.g., provide your contact information to homebuilders to enable them to follow-up with you on your requests, or enroll you in a sweepstakes sponsored by the Company);
• Keep you apprised of events, information and developments regarding the Company’s activities (as well as other items that you may find of interest);
• Customize the content or functionality of the Integral Communities Website to your preferences;
• Inquire as to whether you would like to receive any additional information regarding the Company’s products, services, master planned communities and homebuilders;
• Forward or otherwise provide updates, announcements and newsletters regarding the Company’s products, services, master planned communities and homebuilders; and
• Administration of the Integral Communities Website;
• Improvement of the Integral Communities Website (including improving your navigation of the Integral Communities Website upon your return visit);
• Improvement of the products and services offered by the Company (including project planning);
• Analysis and development of advertisements and advertising campaigns;
• Providing you with special offers and promotions (and determinations regarding their effectiveness);
• Customization of the content or functionality of the Integral Communities Website to suit your preferences; and
• Analysis of trends and usage of the Integral Communities Website. The Company may disclose your Non-Personal Information to employees, consultants and other professionals who we reasonably believe need such information in order to perform the tasks described in this Section 4.B. Additionally, the Company may combine your Non-Personal Information with other non-personal information collected by the Company and share the aggregated data with homebuilders, service companies and product providers for marketing and research purposes.
6. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION The Company is committed to protecting your Personal Information. Accordingly, we have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical procedures to help protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure (e.g., third party “hackers” may unlawfully intercept or access information or confidential transmissions). We want you to feel confident using the Integral Communities Website; but, as indicated in Section 1, above, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and any such transmission is done at your own risk.
8. CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION; OPT-OUT RIGHT The Company endeavors to keep your Personal Information current and accurate. Accordingly, we ask that you notify us of any changes to your Personal Information via e-mail, telephone or postal mail at the addresses shown in Section 14, below. You may at any time opt-out of having your Personal Information used by the Company for mailings, calls, etc. by notifying us via e-mail, telephone or postal mail at the addresses shown in Section 14, below. If you elect not to receive any future contacts from the Company, we will endeavor to remove your name from all of our contact lists within ten (10) business days. However, information is sometimes difficult if not impossible to remove from all data sources and, accordingly, we can only promise to endeavor to remove you from any lists that we control. We shall have no liability for our failure to accomplish this objective.
9. CHILDREN Naturally, the safety of children is very important to us, and the Company is committed to protecting the privacy of children. In this regard, (i) the Integral Communities Website is directed to persons 18 years of age or older and (ii) the Company does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. If you provide Personal Information to the Company through the Integral Communities Website, you represent and warrant to the Company that you are 18 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 18, you may visit, browse and use the information on the Integral Communities Website, but you may not submit any Personal Information to the Integral Communities Website and you represent and warrant to the Company that you have the permission of your parent or guardian to use the Integral Communities Website. If we become aware that a user of the Integral Communities Website is under the age of 18 and has provided Personal Information, we will remove said information from our files.
10. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS Under California’s “Shine the Light Law” (Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.83), California residents are entitled to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may make such a request by sending an e-mail or letter to us at the following address: Privacy Administrator
Integral Communities 888 San Clemente, CA 92660
Newport Beach, California 92660
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org As indicated in Section 1, above, trust is an essential part of the Company’s mission, and we take great pride in the relationship of trust that we have built with our customers. In furtherance of our commitment to trust, the Company has adopted a policy of not selling, renting or sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure (e.g., your request that we send your Personal Information to homebuilders so that they may contact you directly regarding their neighborhoods and products).
Integral Communities 888 San Clemente, CA 92660
Newport Beach, California 92660